Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pork Chop Barbecue

This one is for Crystal (well, really it's for Nick).

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp. vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (I leave this out)
1 slice lemon (I use lemon juice)
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 tsp. liquid smoke
6 pork chops, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1 to 2 Tbsp. cooking oil

Directions:
For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add lemon slice and onion wedges. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Return to boil, remove from heat, and discard lemon slice.

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet brown pork chops, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat. Place pork chops in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, & pour sauce over chops. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until meat juices run clear (160 degrees), turning chops once. Transfer to a serving dish. Pour sauce over all, & serve!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks, Rach. I've been waiting for that one. I think we'll have these tomorrow night. I'll let you know what I think!