Monday, February 9, 2009

CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP



This is a fast, favorite of mine. It's simple ingredients make it a quick meal that you, your husband, and your kids can enjoy.

INGREDIENTS:
  • Chicken Broth
  • Diced Chicken (cooked)
  • 1 Jar Salsa (any kind)
  • 1 Can Corn
  • 1 Can Cream of Chkn Soup
  • Seasonings (your choice)
  • Sour Cream
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Tortilla Chips
Fill pan with 4 or 5 cans of chicken broth. (You can also use water & chicken bouillon cubes.) Add cooked chicken and let boil for about 5 minutes. Turn down heat to medium and add salsa, corn, and cream of chicken soup. Leave on stove until thoroughly heated.

That's it! Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. If you're feeling really adventurous you can cut tortilla into strips, toss with olive oil, and bake until crunchy. Replace chips with these tasty and decorative strips.

FYI--I cook my chicken in 2 T of butter w/ diced onion. I also season the soup with Nature's Seasonings, Garlic Salt, Season Salt, Basil, and Pepper.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE THIS RECIPE TOO! My favorite ingredient is CORN so I add extra....Mmm Mmm Mmm!

Rachel said...

I just made this tonight, & we all loved it (even Lance)! I had already started making it when I discovered I had no corn, so I added some black beans & some frozen mixed veggies (fiesta mix w/ white beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, carrots, broccoli, green beans, & red peppers). Thanks for this super quick & YUM YUM YUMMY recipe!