Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MOUNTAIN MAN HASH

Sorry, but I couldn't find a picture of my family's favorite breakfast recipe. I am always so surprised when I make this and one of our guests say they have never tried it!? I mean, this is the easiest breakfast out there...Okay, except cold cereal and milk.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 lb Sausage
  • 1 Bag Hasbrowns (I prefer the cubes)
  • 8 Eggs (Scrambled)
  • 1 C Shredded Cheese
  • Your favorite seasonsings

Fry sausage in a large skillet. I usually cook my sausage with a little diced onion. Just before the sausage is cooked completely, add hashbrowns. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings. I put a few slices of butter on top of the hashbrowns for flavor and to keep everything from sticking. Cook at 350 degrees in your skillet until hashbrowns are soft then add eggs. Stir occassionally (you don't want eggs to stick, but you don't want to make this dish mushy). Sprinkle with cheese. Serve alone or on tortillas. Everyone in my family has their own favorite way to garnish their mountain man hash including salsa, sour cream, ketchup, or all of the above. Bon Apetit!

No comments: